The travel agency Thousand Voyages Ltd is committed to maintaining our integrity, living our values and ensuring that we’re fulfilling the core purpose of our business. This being, to operate in a responsible manner, incorporating the principles of sustainable development in the way we provide our travellers with real life experiences. However, these values are more than just words on a page; they are ingrained in the culture and daily operations of our company. In addition, we expect our staff and travellers to demonstrate the principles of responsible travel – respecting people, cultures and local environments; in the distribution of wealth; in good will and cross-cultural sharing; and in contributing to sustainable development.
How practically we implement the above statement:
– We aim to work with partners who operate their own local initiatives;
– We recruit and involve local people wherever possible;
– We support and prefer to work directly with local businesses, services and individuals;
– Our supplies and equipment are purchased locally wherever possible;
– We aim to work and treat the traveller, local communities and businesses in a fair and just manner;
– Small, family-run establishments make up a high percentage of the accommodation we use;
– Where it is practical but not intrusive we stay as guests of local families.
We work together on a number of joint projects with The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS), a non -profit organization founded in 2004, that works to protect biodiversity and wildlife and advocates for the sustainable use of natural resources. We are doing this by:
-Contributing to the protection, maintenance and restoration of places of local, national and international importance for biodiversity;
taking actions to maintain and restore the area and quality of habitats important for biodiversity;
– Working to attract more people to the idea of wildlife conservation, building networks of local conservation structures to integrate environmental needs into business practices for the benefit of people and biodiversity;
– Assisting state, public, academic, business and other institutions, organizations and individuals in their work on biodiversity and wildlife conservation;
contributing to the strengthening the international prestige of Bulgaria in the field of biodiversity and wildlife conservation.